Friday, August 30, 2013

It's Been A While

I have neglected this blog (and with it my work outs). But I'm back and ready for action! I started this blog to keep me motivated to stay active. I may not have the vitality of youth, but I believe that in the process of faking it, I will burn calories and keep a healthy and active lifestyle. So, join me in the fun. My son is now 7 years old now. To make it more fun for the two or so readers of my blog, I will get us photographed doing whatever it is his brilliant mind comes up with. But for the time being, here are some photos from this year (2013) of fun active activities.

At a recent trip to Barbados, dancing in a parade for 4 hours was no small feet.


We walked for miles before ending up here in Bridgetown, Barbados.
Yoga on the beach. After all the back problems I had (and still have), yoga is a great alternative to heavy impact cardio.

I hadn't done a cartwheel in years! I still got it (but I had to take a few pain killers the next day).

Swimming is always a great exercise. I don't always get to do it - that's why I went on vacation.
And to boot, the turtles went swimming with me. LOL.

We volunteered at a homeless shelter. That's me and my son on the far right side.

Who doesn't love bowling? One of my son's favorite sports that always gives me a workout
and puts my wrist in a world of hurt. Three games max.

Walking is a very good low impact exercise. Here we walked almost the entire St. Louis Zoo.
And it was HOT. But it was worth it.

At summer camp in Missouri. He did a bit of everything. Can you tell I keep him active? Hope he maintains it when he's an adult. Because it's hard to pick back up years later (but not impossible).

I may not have worked off as many calories as he did playing soccer, but I certainly burned a few cheering him on.
GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment